Welcome to MontanaFreeFile.org!
Looking for a better experience when you file your tax return this year? Let MontanaFreeFile.org help! This website is dedicated to helping you learn where to receive free tax assistance and how to get your refund faster by filing online.
Tax Training Options
This page is a one-stop resource to provide you with information about volunteer tax training to become a VITA or AARP TCE Volunteer. Several training options are available to volunteers throughout the state. Attend any or all!
Classroom trainings are offered in most major cities in Montana.
- New Volunteers: Training will be held January 14-15, 2016 from 9 am - 3 pm at First Baptist Church | 218 North 34th St (across from The Moss Mansion). Contact Pam Ellis for more information or to sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Returning Volunteers: Training will be held January 19-21, 2019 from 9 am - 3 pm at First Baptist Church | 218 North 34th St (across from The Moss Mansion). Contact Pam Ellis for more information or to sign up at email@example.com.
- Orientations: January 9th & 18th, 2019 from 5-7pm at HRDC (7 N 31st St)
Certification Classes: January 21st & 28th, 2019 from 1:00 to 5:00pm at HRDC (7 N 31st St)
- VITA: January 4-6, 2016 from 9am-4pm with a break for lunch | St. Ann's Church 2100 Farrugut Ave. Please contact Carin McClain to sign up at 1-800-745-5546 x 142.
- AARP: January 18-22, 2019 at the Bozeman Senior Center | 807 N Tracy Ave. For Information contact Chuck Geller at 406-219-3948.
- VITA: HRDC - 32 S Tracy
- January 4, 2018 3:00-5:00pm
- January 11, 2018 5:00-7:00pm
- January 16, 2018 3:00-5:00pm
- January 18, 2018 5:00-7:00pm
- January 25, 2018 5:00-7:00pm
- AARP: TBD
- VITA: TBD
- AARP: January 9-12, 2019 from 9 am - 5 pm and January 15, 2018 from 1 pm to 3 pm, if needed. All training is held in the large meeting room at the Lewis & Clark Library. Please call 406-227-8283 for more information.
- VITA: Helena College U of M, Room DON 130, January 20th, 2019 from 9am-1pm. Will focus on software input, state adjustments to federal return, and answering your specific tax questions.
- VITA: January 15-19, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Great Falls Senior Center, 1004 Central Avenue, 2nd Floor. Please contact Chastity Roofner to sign up, or you can call her at 406-454-5730 or 406-564-5526. Other individualized sessions will be available.
- AARP: January 4-8, 2019 from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm at the FVCC Workforce Training Lab | Arts & Resource Building | 745 Grandview Dr | Kalispell, MT 5990l. Contact Porki Harris at 406-257-1296 to sign up.
- VITA: January12-14, 4-8 pm at FVCC Workforce Training Lab. Contact Carin McClain to sign up.
- AARP: TBD
- AARP: TBD
IRS Link & Learn:
The IRS sponsors online tax preparer training called Link & Learn. This training is completely online and best-suited for independent learners. Visit their website to get started.