Welcome to MontanaFreeFile.org!
Looking for a better experience when you file your tax return this year? Let MontanaFreeFile.org help! This website is dedicated to helping you learn where to receive free tax assistance and how to get your refund faster by filing online.
Tax Training Options
This page is a one-stop resource to provide you with information about volunteer tax training to become a VITA or AARP TCE Volunteer. Several training options are available to volunteers throughout the state. Attend any or all!
Classroom trainings are offered in most major cities in Montana.
- New Volunteers: Training will be held January 14-15, 2016 from 9 am - 3 pm at First Baptist Church | 218 North 34th St (across from The Moss Mansion). Contact Pam Ellis for more information or to sign up at email@example.com.
- Returning Volunteers: Training will be held January 19-21, 2016 from 9 am - 3 pm at First Baptist Church | 218 North 34th St (across from The Moss Mansion). Contact Pam Ellis for more information or to sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General Meeting for ALL volunteers: January 12, 2017 from 6-8pm at HRDC (7 N 31st St)
Greeter Training: January 12, 2017 at 7pm at HRDC (7 N 31st St)
Tax Preparer Training: January 15, 2017 from 12-5pm at MSU-B Student Union, Missouri Room. You will be certified to prepare taxes before you leave the training. Be sure you have passes the Volunteer Standards of Conduct and Intake and Interview tests before you come.
Tax Slayer Training, Part 1: January 18, 2017 from 6-8pm at HRDC (7 N 31st St). You will go through the 1st part of the tax software.
Tax Slayer Training, Part 2: January 19, 2017 from 6-8pm at HRDC (7 N 31st St). You will go through the 2nd part of the tax software.
Intake Sheet, Facilitated Self Assistance: January 20, 2017 from 6-8pm at HRDC ( 7 N 31st St).
Study Group: January 21, 2017 from 1-3pm at MSU-B, Student Union.
Study Group: January 22, 2017 from 1-3pm at MSU-B, Student Union.
Study Group: January 23, 2017 from 5-7pm at HRDC ( 7 N 31st St).
- VITA: January 4-6, 2016 from 9am-4pm with a break for lunch | St. Ann's Church 2100 Farrugut Ave. Please contact Carin McClain to sign up at 1-800-745-5546 x 142.
- AARP: January 18-22, 2016 at the Bozeman Senior Center | 807 N Tracy Ave. For Information contact Chuck Geller at 406-219-3948.
- January 11, 5:00-7:00
- January 12, 2:00-4:00
- January 18, 5:00-7:00
- January 19, 2:00-4:00
- More training time is available upon request. Contact VITA Site Coordinator Whitney Whittecar at (406) 585-4873 for location of training and additional training opportunities.
- AARP: TBD
- VITA: TBD
- AARP: January 7-8 and January 12-14, 2016 from 9 am to 5 pm. Please call 406-933-8300 for more information.
- VITA: January 4-6, 2016 and January 18-21, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Great Falls Senior Center, 1004 Central Avenue, 2nd Floor. Please contact Jessie Murray to sign up at 406-454-5730.
- AARP: January 4-8, 2016 from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm at the FVCC Workforce Training Lab | Arts & Resource Building | 745 Grandview Dr | Kalispell, MT 5990l. Contact Porki Harris at 406-257-1296 to sign up.
- VITA: January12-14, 4-8 pm at FVCC Workforce Training Lab. Contact Carin McClain to sign up.
- AARP: TBD
- AARP: TBD
IRS Link & Learn:
The IRS sponsors online tax preparer training called Link & Learn. This training is completely online and best-suited for independent learners. Visit their website to get started.